The Montessori School of San Diego was established in 1972 and currently enrolls approximately 100 children ages 3 to 10.
The school has three classrooms for children ages 3 through 5, one 5 through 7 age class, and a 7 through 9 age classroom. In addition to the traditional Montessori materials and approach by certified Montessori teachers, we feature additional classes in Movement, Dance, Science, Woodworking, Piano, Art, Clay and Gymnastics. The elementary children can also take advantage of computer instruction in our separate computer lab and Spanish as a foreign language.
Current Protocol Covid 19
The Montessori School of San Diego’s COVID-19 Reopening Plan
1. General Measures
1. This school prevention plan is based on risk assessment of school work areas and work tasks
and is posted with a link on our school webpage for staff implementation.
1. James Turner, Principal/Owner of The Montessori School of San Diego is responsible for implementing and monitoring this plan. He can be reached at 619-295-7591
2. James Turner is also the school’s COVID-19 liaison for contact with Public Health Services.
1. In the event that a staff member or a parent/guardian has reported a COVID-19 positive case within the school, James Turner will document the case and date and collect necessary information, including name, date of birth, and contact information.
2. James Turner will report information on positive cases to the San Diego Public Health Services Epidemiology Department at (619) 692-8499 and to the counties/jurisdictions where the COVID-19 positive person resides, if it is different.
3. CDPH Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings is incorporated in this plan. (See section 3)
4. Staff and parent will continue to have access to The Montessori School of San Diego COVID-19 Prevention Plan at Montessori-of-sandiego.com. This plan has also been provided to staff and relevant parties via email. The Montessori School of San Diego will continue to train and communicate with staff on the COVID-19 Prevention Plan.Virtual training and email communication regarding reminders and adjustments to this plan will occur regularly throughout the school year.
5. The Montessori School of San Diego will reevaluate for compliance with this plan and adjust as necessary.
1. Communication between administration, staff, and families will remain open to assess compliance with this plan. Communications will be reported to James Turner
2. James Turner will adjust this plan to correct deficiencies.
6. Any COVID-19 illness will be investigated to determine environmental or situational factors and possible infection risk. James Turner will update this plan as needed for further prevention.
7. In accordance with CDPH guidelines regarding COVID-19 in the workplace, The Montessori School of San Diego will implement necessary processes and protocols in the event of an outbreak.
Tuition Rates below are based on full day or half-day programs, five days per week, paid in full, or monthly payments. Parents may elect to have their child attend three or four days per week, however the tuition costs will not be affected. Monthly payments are made in ten equal installments via automatic credit card payment or checking debit. We accept children throughout the year when spaces are open.
|Full Day||8:30 AM - 3:15 PM|
|Half Day||8:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
|Elementary*||8:30 AM - 3:15 PM|
* There is a $250 per year fee for the elementary materials
Tuition for September 7, 2021 through June 9, 2022 can be paid in full or by 10 monthly payments. There is a 3% Discount for using checking debit instead of a credit card.
|Credit Card Debit||Checking Debit||Over ten payments 6/1/20-5/1/21|
Full Day $12,360.00
|$12,000.00||$1236.00 (credit debit) $1200.00 (checking debit)|
Half Days $10,300.00
|$1030.00 (credit debit) |
$1000.00 (checking debit
* There is a 3% discount for using checking or debit card instead of a credit card reflected above.
*There is a 3% discount for active military families and 3% discount for families with more than one child. Please deduct from prices above.
*The 3% discount is the maximum and may not be added to other incentives.
A payment of one tenth the total tuition or equal to one tuition payment (if entering mid-term) is due upon acceptance into the program and in advance of attendance, or by June 1 for fall enrollment. This payment will constitute one of ten equal payments (10 payments total for a full term). Payment number two will be due the first day of September or the first day the child attends school (if after September 1). Payments are not refundable. (see TUITION CONTRACT below).
A tuition contract is issued for each party who registers a child for the fall or summer sessions. Signers of this contract are responsible for tuition as long as the student is enrolled. Tuition payment will be expected for the balance of a fall term if a student is withdrawn after March 31. Payments are never refunded, nor is a monthly payment prorated should a child be withdrawn.
For children in the elementary program (5-7 age class or 7-9 age class), there is a materials fee of $250 for the fall term. This is paid in two installments, September 1 and January 1.
Extended hours are 7:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M. and 3:15 P.M to 6:00 P.M. The charge is $3.00 per hour or any part for one child or $4.00 per hour for two or more children from the same family. Parents may elect a $65 per month set fee per month for extended care at the beginning of the session. For two or more children from the same family, the charge is $80 per month.
The summer session 2021 is scheduled for June 14- July 29, 2021 (Seven weeks). The tuition will be the same relative rate as the fall term. Full Day, $1925.00; Half Day $1550.00. The hours are the same as the fall session.
The August Session 2021 will run from August 2-26 (FOUR weeks) and includes indoor and outdoor play, arts, crafts, music, clay, Playball, Jumper, Swimming, and other fun activities.
|Full Day||7:30 AM - 6:00 PM (ANY PART)|
|Half Day (Morning)||7:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
|Half Day (Afternoon)||1:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Half Day||Any consecutive 5 hours *|
* If a child attends longer, there will be a charge for full day
|August Program||Weekly Payment||Total Cost|
|Full Day 5 Day||$300||$1050.00|
|Full Day 3 Day||$250||$750.00|
|Half Day 3 Day||$175||$600.00|
|Half Day 5 Day||$250||$850.00|
For questions or further information please contact us